Friday, April 16, 2010

A good cause

A friend of mine, from Pigeon Toe Ceramics, posted on Facebook about her friend, who is also a printer and mother. She has a little boy named Liam (who is especially cute) who was diagnosed with Spinal Muscular Atrophy Type II. She's remodeling her bathroom to better fit his needs and has started a fundraiser to support her remodel.

Since becoming a mother, I have become extra sensitive to heart warming or heart breaking stories of children and families. Touched by this mother's dedication, I'm going to donate as soon as my bank account comes out of it's overdrafted status (grumble grumble). And you should, too!

Her website, by the way, is lovely and inspiring. And, dang that lady can letterpress! Beautiful work! I will most likely find myself coming back her way in need of some refreshing inspiration.


Image by Satsuma Press

Satsuma Press everyone, go pay her a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment