Monday, June 14, 2010

Introducing myself.

by eli

Hello, Darling Press readers. My name is Alicia Carrier and until now I've been a random name under some of the photographs. I am a photographer, an illustrator, and a close friend of Jason and Alia Hoffman. I spend a lot of time hanging out at their house while our kids party it up, drinking tea and sharing ideas with Alia, and often photographing their wares.

5 pack

IMG_2302

belly bands

I like to think of myself as a sort of silent partner in this enterprise. Eventually you might see some guest designs from me, but until then- here is the face behind some of the photographs you see here. I dabble in product photography, but I like to incorporate a homey, comfortable feel in my images. I try to show details like paper texture and embossing that give a feel for what letterpressed prints really look like.

belly band imprint

Jason and Alia are so cool, and I love taking photos of the process of their work, from the sketches that are fleshed out over cups of tea to the finished, printed product.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi. You can find more information about me here.

(P.S. aren't these custom-made belly-bands for 5 and 10 packs of cards AWESOME? I love the design of the lettering. Well done, Jason.)

No comments:

Post a Comment