Saturday, March 13, 2010

First in line

Hello!


We're excited about blogging! It will be great fun to share with you what goes on at our home/studio. Most of these posts will be about our business, Darling Press, but we won't be able to help ourselves in posting about other things that happen in our lives. Aside from our newly sprouted business, we're proud of a lot of things we do. Our daughter would probably be the biggest, but we promise we won't take over this blog with, "look what my kid did today!!" kind of posts. Our second biggie would be the way we live. We're proud of our hippie, crunchy, nerdy lifestyle with our backyard chickens, garden, and bus riding ways.

So, anyways, one of the things we've been anxious to share is the "behind the scenes" of Darling Press.

First, a bit about our materials. Being sustainably-conscious-as-possible types of people, we try to think about the materials we use. Number one rule: Pass on plastic! Paper can be recycled or tossed in the compost pile and plastic typically ends up in the trash. Well, duh, you already know this. However, it's very easy to fall under the spell of plastic and its convenience.

When I (alia) get a package in the mail, and it contains st
yrofoam, bubble wrap, or plastic sleeves, I'm the one who is responsible for disposing all that plastic. Now I'm the one who is burdened with figuring out how to dispose of everything, without throwing it in my trash can. Is this #4 plastic? Will my recycling service take styrofoam?? Bubble wrap? I have a pile of it in my garage.

Darling Press is happy to not leave you with a pile of garbage.


Anyways... Told you we were big hippies.



2 comments:

  1. Yay!! I am so excited to read about your sweet hippie ways and your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crunch on! I come by way of Bread & Honey blog, glad to have found you!

    ReplyDelete