Wednesday, March 24, 2010

une fête pour deux.

Our daughter is turning three in a few days, and I will be turning 36 (!) a couple of weeks after that. In celebration, we are having a joint birthday party. This is not the same kind of "joint birthday party" I used to have in college (my birthday is 4/20)... time changes all things.

Annelise drew up a splendid picture of a "birthday party on a boat," so we are using it for the invite. How many three-year-olds, I ask you, have letterpressed invitations? Just one that we know of. It was fun to do something whimsical where we didn't have to worry about the color registration for a change.

I wish we could actually have a party on a boat, but that would be waaaaay out of our budget. Besides, after spending all of last year planning our elaborate wedding, we will probably keep this party fairly low-key. It will be as chill as a roomful of toddlers can be!


Cheers, Jason.

1 comment:

  1. ::Giggles at 4/20:: Yes, this is indeed a different kind of joint party, but if my memory of a roomfull of toddlers serves me right, it'll be equally as entertaining! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete